1) Ensure that you dry your windows in one direction – leftwards or rightwards. Mixing the direction will leave unpleasant streaks on the glass and make it look untidy.
2) Before you wipe the window glass, remove all dust from the windows so that in applying a wet cloth, you do not leave mud on the window. Water and dust will form mud.
3) If you are cleaning window sills, rub the whole surface with a damp cloth sprayed with alcohol so that all the spots will clear off for a beautiful shine.
4) Windows are susceptible to dirt. You should, therefore, apply only clean water in cleaning windows, and in cases where you use a damp cloth, use only clean cloths.
5) If the glass is greasy or smoky, apply some vinegar to the water before you clean the window. Vinegar removes grease without leaving streaks or stains.
6) When cleaning windows that are beyond the reach of your hand, use a step ladder if the height is medium or use a regular ladder if quite high. Always ensure that the safety clip is on and if possible, get someone to hold the base of the ladder for safety reasons.
7) Sprays are more convenient to use than buckets of water. In cleaning windows of considerable heights, try to use sprays instead of buckets of water as they can spill, and you will have to do everything again. The sheer weight and burden will get you tired quickly.
Getting a window to shine is an easy task. All you need is the above window cleaning tips.
If you need to have it cleaned by a professional, do not hesitate to call us for a free estimate.